Cooktop Cove: Watch how to make healthy one-pan pesto chicken with veggies
This health-friendly dish is not only low-carb, it also is gluten-free and contains tons of vitamins and fiber. As an added bonus this dish is super easy to prepare. Filled with fresh vegetables, chicken, and aromatic garlic, this dish tastes as good as it looks.
Check out the simple recipe below and stick around to check out Cooking with Claudia's video at the end for a few extra tips.
One-pan pesto chicken with veggies
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound chicken breast, sliced
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
1 small onion, sliced
1 pound asparagus, trimmed
1/4 cup basil pesto
1 cup red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Heat olive oil in a pan and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow chicken to cook for about two minutes.
2. Add sundried tomatoes and allow tomatoes and chicken to cook for another five minutes.
3. Pour basil pesto over the chicken and tomatoes, mix well and cook for another five minutes.
4. Remove chicken and tomatoes from the pan and set aside. In the same pan add your sliced onions and allow them to soften. Add asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
5. Mix together and allow the asparagus to soften just a little. Add more sundried tomatoes and let cook for another five minutes.
6. Add your chicken back into the pan with your onions and asparagus. Top with cherry tomatoes and allow to warm.
7. Serve over a whole grain wrap or brown rice.
Pro tip: Take the dish up a notch, by adding a little cheese over the top and toasting in the oven.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove