Cooktop Cove: How to make a delicious hash brown casserole
Combining many of my favorite things, Cracker Barrel's hash brown casserole is a personal favorite dish of mine. It's got it all, and I'd eat it all the time if I could. The only problem is that eating out is expensive - but don't worry. This video teaches you how to make it on your own.
For the price of a single serving meal, this hash brown casserole recipe can feed an entire family and then some. Best of all, preparation is easy and you can have dinner ready in no time at all.
- 1 package of frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grounded black pepper
- 16 ounces (450 gr.) of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 8 ounces (220 gr.) of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F (176 C), and grease a 5-quart casserole dish.
2. Pour your hashbrown potatoes.
3. Generously season them with salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except for the cheddar cheese.
3. Pour the mixture over the shredded potatoes.
4. Top with cheddar cheese.
5. Bake for 50 minutes or until it's bubbly and golden brown.
TIP: If you're feeling extra decadent, try adding some crispy bacon bits to the mixture. Serve with some hot sauce.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove