Cooktop Cove: Watch how to make slow cooker lasagna
The days of spending hours slaving over a pan of homemade lasagna are gone. This simple slow cooker recipe will let you enjoy the popular Italian dish in just a few easy steps. Containing all the essential ingredients of the perfect lasagna (cheese and a zesty meat sauce), you may want to add this dish to your favorite's list.
Slow cooker lasagna
1 box lasagna noodles
1/4 cup half and half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded parmesan
1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded mozzarella
your favorite meat sauce
1. Mix together ricotta, egg, half and half, and salt.
2. Add one layer of meat sauce into 6-qt slow cooker.
3. Add one layer of uncooked noodles.
4. Add one layer of ricotta.
5. Add one layer of sauce.
6. Sprinkle parmesan and add a layer of mozzarella.
7. Continue layers: noodles (perpendicular to first layer), ricotta, sauce, cheeses, continuing until you are out of sauce.
8. Cover and cook on high 3 hours, or low for 7.
9. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Try pairing roasted vegetables or an antipasto plate with your lasagna for a truly Italian experience.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove