Cooktop Cove: Press store-bought dough into your slow cooker for a dinner kids will love
Not everything made in your slow cooker needs to be a stew, soup, or meat. Surprisingly, your slow cooker is more versatile than you think. Check out the following pizza recipe that can be made with just three ingredients. It doesn't get easier than this recipe!
This is a set-it-and-forget-it meal that will be ready in 1.5~ hrs on the high setting. Sometimes, after a long day of work, you simply need an easy recipe to get tasty food on the table. This recipe is for days like that!
Prepared pizza dough
Shredded cheese of your choosing
Any extra toppings you want
TIP: Use parchment paper to make it easy to take the cooked pizza out of the slow cooker.
1. Line slow cooker with parchment paper to make a cross. Make sure the paper is long enough so it will make lifting the pizza out later at the end easier.
2. Sprinkle flour on the bottom of the slow cooker, along with cooking spray.
3. Press the store-bought dough out on the bottom of the slow cooker.
4. Spread your favorite pizza sauce on the dough.
Add your favorite toppings.
5. Set to cook on high for around 1.5 to 2 hours. Condensation will start to form on the inside of the lid, so you'll likely want to wipe the inside of the lid dry to make sure your pizza isn't too soft.
6. Once it's done, it should look golden brown and delicious. This is where those parchment slings come in handy! Lift out the pizza and place it on your cutting board to slice up!
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove