Cooktop Cove: Watch how to make slow cooker 'chicken pot pie'
Chicken pot pie is a classic comfort food. The warm breaded outside and flavorful filling are the perfect combinaton to end a long day. Instead of snagging a frozen dinner from the grocery store, try making this simple recipe at home. This slow cooker recipe is perfect for those nights when you just want to come home and grab something filling without slaving away over a hot stove.
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours, 40 minutes
4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 cup carrots, round slices
1 cup celery, chopped
1 small onion, diced
1 can corn, drained (or 1 bag frozen corn)
1 bag (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, green beans)
2 10.5-oz condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tube biscuit dough
1. Put cubed chicken into a greased 6-quart slow cooker, then top with cut vegetables.
2. Pour over chicken soup and milk, then sprinkle in garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir to combine well.
3. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
4. Add in frozen vegetables. Stir into soup, then cover and cook on high for 1 more hour.
5. Pop open tube of biscuit dough and place biscuits gently on top of soup.
6. Remove slow cooker insert and place uncovered in a preheated oven. Bake per package directions on biscuit dough, or until tops of biscuits are golden brown.
This comfort food recipe is a great way to end a long, busy day. With easy to adjust ingredients and a handy slow cooker at the ready, this dish is sure to please even the busiest families.
If you liked this recipe, share it with your friends on Facebook.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove