Cooktop Cove: Make Thanksgiving easy with this 3-ingredient slow cooker turkey
The holidays can be a stressful time of the year. With family coming over, you aren't just worried about gifts but also what to put on the dinner table. The worst part is not making enough to go around. Have no fear! This recipe will ease your worries, and making preparing a tender turkey a breeze.
This turkey and gravy recipe is great for the holidays or anytime you crave that hearty Thanksgiving comfort meal. The special part about this recipe was that it's designed it to be easy and less work. You only use 3 ingredients outside of the turkey.
Slow cooker turkey breast with gravy
1 6-lb Honeysuckle bone-in turkey breast, fully thawed
1 1-ounce package dry onion soup mix
3 tablespoons butter, in slices
For the gravy:
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse turkey breast and pat dry with paper towels and cut away any excess skin. Rub turkey all over with the dry soup mix.
2. Put the butter on the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, then place seasoned turkey breast on top.
3. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours. Check the temperature of the breast in the middle with a meat thermometer. It should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Continue to cook if necessary.
4. Remove turkey from slow cooker, and place on a platter. Loosely cover the turkey with a foil tent to rest for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
5. While turkey is resting, make the gravy. Strain the drippings from the slow cooker into a sauce pan. Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl, then slowly whisk into the drippings over medium heat. Continue to whisk until thick and smooth (about 5 minutes). Salt and pepper to taste.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove