Cooktop Cove: Cover pork chops with flour & enjoy a tasty slow cooker dinner
If you're looking for a new way to experience pork chops, you should check out the awesome recipe below. The method involves covering pork chops in flour and then covering them with a home-made gravy in a slow cooker.
When the chops are done, you're left with an absolutely delicious meal that will have everyone asking for seconds. What are you waiting for? Keep reading to see the full recipe:
Pro tip: The time to cook the pork chops may vary depending on the thickness of the cut. For thinner cuts, check the chops 1-2 hours before expected completion time and continue to cook only as long as needed to avoid dry chops.
Pork chops and gravy
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours, 30 minutes
2 lbs pork chops
2 tsp salt, divided, plus more to taste
2 tsp black pepper, divided, plus more to taste
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup butter
1 large onion, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup half & half
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 celery stalk, finely chopped
fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
1. Pat the pork chops dry and season on both sides with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
2. Mix flour and cumin and put into a large resealable bag.
Add pork chops one at a time and shake to coat. Once coated, remove the pork chop from the bag, shaking off any excess and set aside. Keep the bag of flour for making gravy.
3. In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil. Once it is hot, quickly fry pork chops for 30 seconds on each side.
4. Into the same frying pan, over medium heat, melt the butter and add in the onion. Cook until the onions are translucent then add celery and garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add in the flour reserved from coating the pork chops. Cook together until browned, being sure not to burn the flour. Pour in chicken broth, scraping the pan making sure that nothing sticks to the bottom. Add the half and half. Season with remaining salt and pepper, adjusted to your taste, if desired.
3. Put the gravy and the pork chops in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
Serve garnished with fresh chopped parsley on a bed of rice for a meal that will have people drooling!
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove