Cooktop Cove: Put diced chicken and brown sugar into a slow cooker for this take-out favorite
Have some diced chicken and brown sugar in your pantry? You are in luck as this easy dinner is quick and simple to make, especially on those days where you just want something fast and tasty to put on the table.
The recipe below uses common pantry items, so it's perfect when you have leftovers from another recipe and need to whip something up last minute. The brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness to make the chicken juicy and delicious.
What is it you may ask? Well, get ready to enjoy teriyaki chicken! Teriyaki chicken is one of my all-time favorite Asian dishes, and never expected I could make it at home! But actually it's quite easy, all it takes is a slow cooker and a few household ingredients to make your own Teriyaki chicken that's even better than at the restaurant!
Slow cooker chicken teriyaki
3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
1. Place chopped chicken in bottom of 4-quart slow cooker.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic and ginger. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours.
4. Remove chicken. While slow cooker is still warm (or left on the warm setting if your has one), mix cornstarch with warm water until smooth.
Slowly add into sauce in the slow cooker to thicken, mixing as you add.
5. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir to coat in sauce.
Serve with rice and your favorite veggies!
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove