Cooktop Cove: Make this 'cowboy' potato crock pot recipe with just 10 mins of prep
This cowboy casserole is good for anyone - including any of you city folk reading this. In fact, you might love it so much it could become a household favorite. Like any casserole it's got warm, gooey, goodness and it's packed with flavors that remind us of home. This cowboy casserole is filled with beef, onions, beans, tomatoes, and topped in melty cheese.
Prep time takes just 10-15 minutes, and all you have to do is brown the meat then toss the rest of your ingredients into the slow cooker so it can work its magic all day long.
Cowboy potato crock pot
1½ pounds ground beef, browned and drained
6 medium red potatoes, cut into 1½ inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chili, undrained
¼ cup water
1 ½ tablespoon salt
2 teaspoon pepper
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1. Brown ground beef and drain off excess fat.
2. Add potatoes to 4-quart slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add onion and garlic.
4. Add beef, beans, and tomato. Pour over water.
5. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours.
6. Sprinkle cheese in last 15 minutes and continue to cook covered.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove