Cooktop Cove: Watch how to make this slow cooker rotisserie-style beer can chicken
If you haven't heard of beer can chicken - you're missing out. This recipe is for busybodies to mimic the delicious taste of this famous recipe with a slow cooker. The ingredients are simple and easy to find in your pantry, but the taste is complex and finger licking good.
You can let this beer can chicken simmer all day long, or you can pop it in the slow cooker for a few hours before work or a summer barbeque. No matter what, this dish is sure to be a hit.
1 6-lb chicken
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons coarse pepper
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 can (16 ounces) dark beer
aluminium foil, bunched into 4 balls
1. Place bunched rolls of foil in bottom of 6-quart slow cooker and pour in beer.
2. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Pull skin gently way from bird.
3. Mix all dry seasonings together.
4. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning blend into butter.
5. Spread butter mixture under skin of chicken.
6. With clean dry hands, rub remaining spice blend onto chicken.
7. Place chicken on top of foil balls in slow cooker.
9. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or low on 7-8 hours. Check the temperature - chicken is done when the temperature is 165-170 in the thickest part of the thigh. Continue to cook if needed.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove