Cooktop Cove: How to make creamy bacon ranch chicken
We have a delicious dilemma for you. How will you eat this creamy and fabulous chicken? We have prepared a recipe for a ranch chicken with bacon and cheese that makes a tasty sandwich. Some folks like to call this recipe "crack chicken" because it is just that addicting. This recipe is also very versatile and can be made with a little more cream cheese for a delightful dip or topping for ranch nachos.
Before we dig into the recipe, it's helpful to review tips for using chicken breasts when cooking with a slow cooker. First, always default to skinless meat. This ensures you are not left with a lot of fat by the end of the slow cooking process. Second, be generous with seasoning. The key is to really get the flavors into the chicken.
Creamy ranch chicken bacon
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 to 8 hours plus 15 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours 25 minutes to 8 hours, 12 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8
1.5-lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8-oz. package cream cheese
1-oz. package of ranch dressing seasoning
4-oz. of bacon (about half a package) cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1. Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Top with the cream cheese, split up into several chunks.
3. Add the ranch dressing seasoning.
4. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or until the chicken shreds easily.
5. Shred the chicken inside the slow cooker using two forks.
6. Mix the shredded chicken with the cream cheese and seasoning so the flavors are combined.
7. Add in the cooked bacon and stir to combine.
9. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top.
10. Cover and continue to cook on low until the cheese has melted (about 15 minutes).
11. Sprinkle with chopped green onion and serve on top of toasted buns.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove