Cooktop Cove: How to make chicken & biscuit ranch casserole (video)
Biscuits, cheese and ranch dressing equals food perfection in a pan. Add chicken, and it becomes a hearty meal that is tasty, easy to make and easy on the budget. It has all the comfort of a chicken pot pie, but it tastes even more decadent.
For this humdinger of a dinner recipe, you can use canned biscuit dough or your favorite homemade recipe.
Chicken & biscuit ranch casserole
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 55 minutes
2½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
1 can ready-made biscuits, shaped into 2-inch balls
1 16-ounce bottle ranch dressing
1½ cups mozzarella
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons salt
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper, then add ranch dressing and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Mix well.
3. With your fingers, smear butter onto the bottom and sides of a baking dish. Add chicken mixture.
4. Place rolled biscuits on top of chicken, pressing them into the pan. Leave space in between each biscuit because they'll grow in the oven. Evenly sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
5. Bake 1½ hours, or until biscuits are a nice golden brown and chicken is fully cooked. (Note: We prepared this dish in a toaster oven. If you are using a conventional oven, 45 minutes should suffice.)
6. Carefully remove from oven and serve.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove