Cooktop Cove: Watch how to make a no-bake cherry cheesecake
Who doesn't like a slice of cheesecake? But if you are a novice baker, a cheesecake can seem intimidating. This simple no-bake cheesecake recipe is so easy to do, it's a great way to make an easy dessert or to introduce your kids to baking techniques.
The best part about this recipe is that it is easy to adapt. If you don't like cherry, you can always replace it with strawberry, or even just a light dusting of cocoa powder.
No-bake cherry cheesecake
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 7 hours or overnight
1 store-bought prepared graham cracker pie crust
1 can cherry pie filling (to go on top)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Make sure the crust is chilled.
2. In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form using an electric mixer.
3. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese with lemon juice until smooth using electric mixer. Add sugar. Beat more until fluffy.
4. Slowly fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese bowl.
5. Pour filling into the crust and smooth up the top.
6. Cover and put in fridge for 1 hr.
7. Add cherry pie filling on top.
8. Return and chill for 5-6 hrs (can also leave overnight).
9. Cut and serve.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove