Cooktop Cove: Start with potato slices for a beef casserole so good, you'll be asked to make it every week
This cheesy potato hamburger casserole is easy to make and bakes for one hour before you add shredded cheese to melt on top. It's a great weeknight meal to make so that when it's baking, you can get other work done.
This is probably my husband's favorite meal. There's something about ground beef, onions, mushrooms, creamy soup and cheese that many people love. Once you make this meal, you'll probably be asked to make it every single week — it's that good.
Cheesy potato hamburger casserole
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped
3/4 cup milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 tablespoon beef bouillon
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of cayenne
4 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a skillet, brown ground beef with mushrooms and onion.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine milk, cream of mushroom soup, beef bouillon, salt, pepper and cayenne.
4. In an 8-by-12-inch casserole baking dish, layer sliced potatoes on bottom.
5. Add milk/soup mixture on top of the potatoes.
6. Add ground beef mixture on top.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
8. Remove foil, sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and bake for 15 more minutes.
Pro tip: Add fried bacon pieces to the beef mixture to get a savory bacon cheeseburger and potatoes flavor!
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove