Cooktop Cove: Watch how to make no-bake Nutella cheesecake
When Nutella and cheesecake team up, you know you're in for a heavenly treat. This no-bake recipe for Nutella cheesecake is about as decadent as you can get without ever having to turn on your oven.
We made this over a lightly sweetened (with Nutella!) graham cracker crust, but topped it off with a chocolate ganache and crushed Ferro Rocher - just to be extra indulgent!
No-bake Nutella cheesecake
Preparation Time: 1 hour, divided
Total Time: 1 hour (does not include refrigeration)
4 oz. butter
1 tablespoon Nutella
16 full sheets graham crackers, crushed into powder
2 (8 oz each) packages cream cheese, softened
1½ cups Nutella
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup powdered sugar
8 oz whipped topping
4 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
⅓ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon butter, softened
6 Ferro Rocher chocolates, coarsely chopped (optional)
1. Melt butter and Nutella for crust together, then pour into crushed graham crackers and mix until well blended and mixture is soft.
2. Press crust mixture into a 9" springform cake pan evenly along the bottom and 1" up the sides, then put in the freezer to set while working on the filling.
3. Beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add in Nutella, and vanilla extract and continue to beat until well blended. Then with a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping.
4. Pour into the crust, smoothing out the top. Cover with an inverted plate, and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 5 hours, preferably overnight.
5. 1 hour or more before serving, prepare the ganache: Heat the cream, but be careful that it does not come to a boil. Pour over the chocolate and whisk until well blended. Add butter, continuing to whisk until evenly blended.
6. Allow ganache to cool slightly, then pour over cheesecake, giving it an even coating. Sprinkle with chopped Ferro Rocher. Place back in the refrigerator for an hour, or until ready to serve.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove