Cooktop Cove: Watch how to make oil-free vegan fried rice
Making vegetable fried rice is the best way to use cold leftover rice. Honestly, it's really a reason to make sure that there will BE extra rice in the first place!
The Living Veg YouTube channel offers this recipe as an oil-free fried rice — you'll be surprised how easy it is! Be sure to watch the video for complete visual instructions.
Oil-free vegan fried rice
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
7 ounces (200 grams) extra-firm tofu, diced
3 spring onions, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1/4 wombok (Chinese cabbage), chopped
1 cup frozen peas
3 cups cooked rice (cold, day-old rice is perfect!)
2 tablespoons soy sauce, or to taste
1 teaspoon sesame seeds, or to taste
1. Fry tofu on medium-high heat in nonstick pan — no oil! — until golden brown.
2. Add onions and cook an additional minute.
3. Add carrots and cook an additional 2 minutes.
4. Add garlic, cabbage and peas and cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Add rice and soy sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Stir in sesame seeds and serve.
Make sure that the pan you use is fully nonstick; otherwise the tofu will quickly adhere. If you're not concerned about remaining oil-free, a teaspoon of coconut oil should do the trick.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove