Cooktop Cove: How to make vegan BBQ chickpea & ranch pizza (video)
Get ready to dig into a flavor-filled vegan pizza, perfect for a movie night with friends. Adjust sriracha or hot sauce amount according to taste and add your favorite chopped vegetables as toppings for savory munching throughout the entire flick!
Watch the video below to follow along as Olivia from Liv's Healthy Life creates her version of this pizza, as specified in the recipe below.
Vegan BBQ chickpea & ranch pizza
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12-inch (30.5 centimeters) pizza
2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon sriracha or hot sauce
12-inch (30.5 centimeters) vegan pizza crust
1/2 cup pizza sauce
2 handfuls each of desired vegetables, chopped (video shows: spinach, green onions, red bell pepper)
Vegan ranch or caesar salad dressing
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190.5 degrees Celsius), or to temperature specified on pizza crust package.
2. In medium-sized bowl, stir together chickpeas, barbecue sauce, and sriracha sauce. Set aside.
3. Remove pizza crust from packaging. Spread pizza sauce evenly over top of crust.
4. Sprinkle chopped vegetables evenly over pizza sauce, beginning with any leafy greens.
5. Spread chickpea mixture evenly over vegetables. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or as specified on pizza crust package.
6. When pizza is finished baking, add vegan salad dressing as desired and serve.
If you are having trouble locating a vegan pizza crust, you can always make your own dough
. Consider making extra and freezing the rest -- this dough keeps well in a freezer for up to a month!
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove