Cooktop Cove: See beef turn into your go-to low-carb dinner in the blink of an eye with this quick recipe
Whoever said a low-carb diet is boring has never had crack slaw. This delicious dish combines garlic, beef and Sriracha sauce for a spicy dinner that's healthy and easy to make! This fun dish is a great option for busy nights when you want something that's filling and doesn't take forever to prep.
Check out the Asian-inspired crack slaw recipe below, and watch the video to see how easy it is to get this meal on the table.
Low-carb crack slawServings: 4
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
1 tablespoon canola/vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ onion, thinly sliced
1 pound ground beef
1½-pound bag coleslaw mix
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 lemon, juiced
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Put a large saute pan on medium-high heat. When pan becomes hot, add canola/vegetable oil.
2. Add garlic and onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until onions are translucent.
3. Add ground beef. Adjust the heat as needed, cooking until all the meat is browned and fully cooked. Drain.
4. Return the pan to medium-high heat. To the meat mixture, add coleslaw mix, Sriracha sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice and pepper. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until cabbage is tender. Adjust heat as needed, stirring to prevent burning.
5. Turn off heat. Add sesame oil, sesame seeds and green onions. Mix thoroughly and serve!
Tip: For even more flavor, mix in 2 teaspoons fish sauce, 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro and the juice of 1 lime right at the end.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove