Cooktop Cove: Press ham into a muffin tin for a low-carb breakfast
While breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, it can also be the most chaotic. It might even seem impossible to snag a healthy breakfast on the go.
This recipe makes it a snap to prep a low-carb breakfast you can grab on your way out the door. The combination of cheese, egg and ham make it a tasty option too. You can easily add extra vegetables or more protein to customize this dish.
Low-carb ham, cheese and egg baked cups
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 slices ham
1½ cups your favorite shredded cheese (we use mozzarella)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a muffin tin with olive oil.
3. Place a slice of ham in each cup. Using your fingers, press the ham against the bottom and sides, forming to the shape of the muffin cup.
4. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons cheese.
Crack an egg right into each cup on top of the cheese.
5. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
6. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, depending on how cooked you like your eggs.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove