Cooktop Cove: Watch how to make three 3-ingredient healthy appetizers
Hosting a party with family and friends is a great time to try out a few simple, healthy appetizer recipes. These three options provide a healthy alternative to traditional high-calorie appetizer options. With just three ingredients in each recipe, they don't take much time to throw together.
Check out the tasty recipe from Mind over Much
below and don't forget to stick around for the video at the end for a few extra tips.
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes (+ cooling time before serving)
3 tablespoons sugar (or coconut sugar)
3 tablespoons water
1. Combine sugar and water in a small bowl. Now is also the time to add cinnamon if you'd like. Stir to combine. Mix well and set aside.
2. Pour your pecans into a frying pan and let them toast for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add your sugar mixture and allow to cook for about 15 seconds. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
4. Remove from heat and place in an even layer on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet to dry. Let cool completely before eating.
Pro tip: Try using almonds instead of pecans for a different nutty flavor.
Healthy 3-ingredient deviled eggs
Preparation Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
2 tablespoons hummus or Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1. Boil your eggs and allow them to cool completely. Then peel your eggs and cut them in half long-wise.
2.Remove the yolks and place them in a bowl. Set your egg whites aside.
3. Mash you egg yolks with a fork until crumbled.
4. Add your hummus or Greek Yogurt and mustard to the yolks and mix well.
5. Spoon mixture back into your whites and dust with paprika (optional). Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Pro tip: If you want to reduce the fat, use only half of the egg yolks. The mixture will make more than you need when everything is combined even with fewer yolks.
Almond-stuffed, bacon-wrapped dates
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
1. Slice open your dates with a sharp knife. Do not cut all the way through. Remove pits as needed.
2. Stuff 2 almonds inside each sliced date and squish shut.
3. Cut a slice of bacon in half and wrap one date in each half of your bacon. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon closed. (Make sure the toothpick goes into the date to keep everything together).
4. Spray a cooking sheet and bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes. Flip your treats halfway through.
Pro tip: Soak your toothpicks in a bowl of water for an hour so they won't burn when they are in the oven.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove