Cooktop Cove: How to make baked ravioli casserole
Baked ravioli is one of those quintessential comfort foods that are perfect for rainy nights or even when guests come over for dinner. This dish seems to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters and is quick and easy enough for your busiest days. The ingredients are affordable and the portions are filling which is why it’s been in our family’s rotation for years!
The best part about this recipe? It can be made in advance and stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. So if you are a weekend warrior and like to get a head start on your cooking each Sunday, be sure to take this recipe for a spin.
Baked ravioli casserole
Prep time: 10 min
Cook Time: 1 hour
3 cans of diced tomatoes in sauce (about 14 oz per can)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
2 tablespoons garlic salt
2 bags of frozen ravioli, with filling of choice
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, parsley, and garlic salt.
3. Coat a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray, and fill dish with ravioli.
4. Pour half of tomato mixture over ravioli. Add mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese, and then top with remaining half of tomato mixture.
5. Cover casserole dish with foil, and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
6. Allow dish to cool before serving.
Pro Tip: To prep ravioli ahead of time, follow directions 1-4, wrap in foil and store in the freezer until you’re ready to cook it. This method also works perfectly using alfredo sauce instead of tomato sauce!
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove