Cooktop Cove: Lay bread rolls in casserole dish. In under 30 mins, prepare to eat utter deliciousness
These Reuben sliders are just what you need for your next party — whether it be St. Patrick's Day, a Fourth of July barbecue or the next big game. With only a few minutes of prep and 20 minutes in the oven, these delectable, savory treats will be ready before you know it. Keep reading to see the full recipe and video:
The smokiness of the warm pastrami along with cheesy Swiss cheese and creamy Thousand Island dressing, not to mention the tangy sauerkraut, make this all-in-one casserole a winner. Simple but packed with flavor!
Rueben sliders in a casserole
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
12 Hawaiian rolls
¾ cup Thousand Island dressing
2 pounds pastrami or corned beef, sliced thin
1 can sauerkraut, drained
12 slices Swiss cheese
3 tablespoons melted butter
3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly grease a 3-quart casserole dish.
3. Lay bottoms of Hawaiian rolls in the casserole dish.
4. Spread ½ tablespoon of Thousand Island dressing on the inside of each roll.
5. Lay pastrami or corned beef on top of dressing.
6. Top pastrami with sauerkraut and then with cheese.
7. Spread remaining Thousand Island dressing over insides of the top buns.
8. Place bun tops over cheese.
9. Brush tops of buns with butter and sprinkle with parsley.
10. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove