Cooktop Cove: How to make cheesy taco sticks (video)
Taco night may be a family favorite, but there's no reason you can't switch it up a bit. This twist on two classic dinner options (the breadstick and the taco) is a great choice for busy nights when the kids are feeling picky. The easy recipe simplifies the process by turning to the old reliable canned dough. Combining your basic taco ingredients and cramming them in a crust takes "Taco Tuesday" to the next level.
Besides tasting delicious, this meal is perfect for eating on the go. It's simple to prepare ahead of time and can even be tossed in a lunchbox on the fly. Check out the full recipe below and make sure to stick around for the video at the end.
Cheesy taco sticks
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Total time: 32 minutes
1 pound ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 tube raw pizza dough
Cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
3½ tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Brown meat in a frying pan. When the meat is completely cooked, drain the fat away. Stir in a packet of taco seasoning. Cool.
3. While your meat is cooling, open a tube of pizza dough and lay it flat. Slice the dough in half (across), and then cut into 8 to 10 rectangles.
4. Add meat to each individual slice of dough and top with cheese. Roll up the edges of your dough to cover the meat and cheese. This forms the taco stick. Place on a baking sheet.
5. Combine butter, garlic powder, chili powder and parsley in a bowl. Mix well. Use a pastry brush to coat each stick with your butter mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.
Pro tip: Try dipping your taco sticks in ranch dressing, marinara sauce or salsa for an extra pop of flavor.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove