Cooktop Cove: Unwrap 2 cinnamon rolls. In no time, get a easy, tasty dish you can eat at anytime of day
I love French toast. There's something about it that signals the beginning of a great weekend. On Saturdays, my husband and I usually celebrate our day off by making a huge breakfast, followed by a vigorous hike or a ton of yardwork to prevent us from going back to sleep!
This delicious cinnamon roll French toast casserole is one of my weekend favorite recipes. Gooey cinnamon rolls meet sweet and eggy French toast, plus cream cheese icing (and who doesn't love cream cheese icing?). By using refrigerator cinnamon rolls, this dish is done in a flash. It really just doesn't get better than that!
Cinnamon roll French toast casseroleServings: 8
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 17.5-ounce cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls, icing reserved from package if included
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon whole milk
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Coat a casserole pan with the melted butter.
3. Spread the cinnamon roll pieces evenly in the prepared casserole pan.
4. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 1/3 cup milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
5. Whisk until the mixture is homogeneous and well-combined.
6. Pour the egg mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown and the egg mixture is fully set.
8. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the reserved cinnamon roll icing with the remaining 1 tablespoon milk, powdered sugar and cream cheese.
9. Whisk with a sturdy whisk until the mixture is smooth.
10. Pour the icing over the casserole while it is still warm.
11. Cut portions as desired and serve warm.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove