Cooktop Cove: How to make cherry pie bubble up casserole
I love eating dessert, but I don’t always love making it. I enjoy cooking, but I don’t want to bother with a lot of fussy measuring and stirring. I’m always on the lookout for quick and easy ways to satisfy my sweet tooth. The recipe below is just the thing: a gooey, buttery dessert casserole that practically makes itself.
This recipe is delicious just as written, but if you’re feeling fancy you could sprinkle it with cinnamon or stir a little vanilla into the glaze. Check out the recipe below for simple steps that take less than 5 minutes.
Cherry pie bubble up casserole
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Refrigerated jumbo biscuits
Cherry pie filling
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter a 13-by-9-inch casserole dish.
2. Open the biscuit can. You'll need 1 can (16.3 ounces) of refrigerated jumbo biscuits.
Separate the biscuits and cut each into four equal pieces.
Place the biscuit pieces into the casserole dish.
3. Pour the pie filling over the biscuits and spread evenly. You'll need 1 can (21 ounces) of cherry pie filling.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbling. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
5. Mix 1 tablespoon of milk and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar until smooth.
6. Drizzle on top.
Pro tip: Make this tasty dessert even better by topping with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove