Cooktop Cove: Coat chicken in flour and toss in slow cooker. With only 4 more ingredients, get a terrific dinner
I have had Sriracha chicken that combines Sriracha sauce with honey, sometimes maple syrup or, at times, just straight-up sugar. To be honest, I wasn't crazy about any of them. While I liked the spicy, the sweet always seemed to take over and leave a cloying taste in my mouth. In the recipe below, I've remedied that by using marmalade, which is sweet but not sickeningly so and still leaves lots of spice.
I can't decide what's best about this recipe — the fact that it uses only five ingredients or that you can just toss everything into the slow cooker with no browning or precooking required. Both are great, but still not as good as the dish that will be coming out of your slow cooker in just four hours.
5-ingredient Sriracha chicken
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 4 hrs
Total Time: 4 hrs, 5 mins
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
Juice of 2 limes
1. Coat the chicken in the all-purpose flour, shaking off the excess.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the marmalade, Sriracha sauce and lime juice.
3. Place chicken at bottom of 6-quart slow cooker.
4. Pour sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker.
5. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours, stirring once or twice to fully coat the chicken in the sauce. Chicken should look tender and orange when done.
Plate and serve!
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove