Cooktop Cove: Pull apart raw biscuits and add filling. In a few easy steps, enjoy the best breakfast ever
My family absolutely loves the recipe below for cheddar sausage biscuits. They're the perfect grab-and-go breakfast on weekdays, and they make a delicious side for Sunday brunch. Since I always have a can of biscuits on hand, I can whip up a batch of these breakfast treats at a moment's notice. It doesn't get easier than that!
It takes a bit more time to separate out the layers of the biscuit, but it's totally worth the effort. This small step really makes these quick-and-easy biscuits taste homemade. They taste terrific right out of the oven, but they're also good the next morning for breakfast. You can even pop them in the freezer if you like, so you'll always have some on hand.
Cheddar sausage biscuits
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup cream cheese
Two 6-ounce cans Pillsbury Grand's Jr. Golden Layers (or any layered flaky biscuit)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray, and set aside.
2. In a large saute pan, cook the sausage according to the package instructions.
Drain and discard the grease. Set aside to cool.
3. Once the sausage is cooled, crumble it into a small bowl. Add the cheddar and cream cheeses.
Stir to combine.
4. Remove the biscuits from the can, and separate them into 10 biscuits.
Pull apart the three layers of the biscuit.
Place the bottom layer in a muffin cup.
Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture on top the biscuit.
Add the second layer of biscuit, and top it with an additional 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
5. Finish with the final biscuit layer, and press down gently.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Pro-tip: Brush the tops of the biscuits with the melted butter.
Allow the biscuits to sit for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove