Cooktop Cove: How to make Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
What do you do when you’re coming down with something and you know you need chicken soup but really don't feel like cooking? You fire up your Instant Pot. The recipe below is super easy. But that’s even not the best part. The best part is that it's virtually guaranteed to make you feel better. Instantly.
If you keep chicken broth (made in your Instant Pot from the carcass of your Instant Pot rotisserie chicken, of course) in your freezer, you’re halfway to salvation already. Add a few veggies, some herbs, chicken and a handful of noodles, and suddenly you'll feel so much better.
Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
Prep Time: 10 minuted
Cook Time: 30 minutes (plus 15 minutes to come up to pressure)
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
8 cups chicken broth
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
freshly ground black pepper
2-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
8 ounces egg noodles
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1. Heat the Instant Pot using the sauté function.
2. Add the oil.
When hot, add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic.
3. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
4. Turn off the sauté function by pressing cancel, and add the broth, thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper and chicken.
5. Close the lid and turn the valve to the sealing position.
Choose high pressure and set the timer for 10 minutes.
6. Once cooking time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and quick release any remaining pressure.
7. Press cancel to turn the pot off, and remove the chicken from the pot into a bowl.
8. Select the sauté function and add the noodles to the pot. Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes, until the noodles are tender.
9. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred the meat and discard the bones.
10. Add the shredded chicken to the soup, along with the lemon juice and parsley.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove