Cooktop Cove: How to make grandma's chicken casserole with just 4 ingredients
Sometimes you just need to get dinner on the table. You don't have a whole lot of time for prep, and you certainly don't want to be standing over the stove after a long day. However, you also want to eat something that's full of flavor and doesn't feel as though you've skimped on anything. The recipe below is the solution.
It's called grandma's casserole for a reason: It's full of comfort, cheese and a bit of crunch from Ritz crackers. But if you have breadcrumbs or panko that you want to use up, feel free to use those instead. You'll just need to add some kind of fat to the breadcrumbs, such as oil or butter. Canned soup fills in for the sauce component of the dish, but have no fear. You will never feel as though you're eating anything out of a can when indulging in this meal.
3 cups cooked chicken, roughly chopped
2 10.75-ounce cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups finely crushed Ritz crackers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Arrange the chicken in the bottom of a greased 9-by-13-inch casserole dish.
3. Spoon soup evenly over the chicken and top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
4. Sprinkle the crushed Ritz crackers on top of the cheese.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the casserole is hot and bubbling.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove