Cooktop Cove: Place chicken in canned soup sauce for the creamiest meal yet
When you sink your teeth into a bite of this cheesy, melt-in-your mouth chicken pasta dish, you’ll instantly be addicted. It’s an easy meal that's the epitome of comfort food. In fact, it’s like a combination of a quick slow-cooker creamy chicken dish and a gooey mac and cheese all in one. Since it's cooked in the slow cooker, you know prep is a breeze.
A packet of ranch seasoning adds fresh, herby flavor in one easy step with no measuring required, but if you don’t have it, substitute a few pinches of dried herbs like dill, tarragon and parsley. Adding a handful of cooked, crumbled bacon along with the pasta certainly wouldn’t hurt anything, either. We can pretty much guarantee that your whole family is going to love this dish.
Slow cooker creamy chicken pasta
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours, 20 minutes
Total time: 6 hours, 30 minutes
Two 10.5-ounce cans condensed cream of chicken soup
½ cup chicken broth
One 1-ounce packet ranch seasoning mix
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
16 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to the package directions
1. In the slow cooker, add the cream of chicken soup, broth and ranch seasoning.
Stir to combine.
2. Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker, submerging them under the soup mixture.
Make sure chicken breasts are fully submerged.
3. Cover and cook for 6 hours on low.
4. When the 6 hours is up, cook the pasta al dente according to the package directions, then drain.
5. Shred the chicken in the pot.
Add in the pasta, and stir to combine.
6. Serve hot.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove