Cooktop Cove: Grab 2 cans whole kernel corn and put together this abundant signature meal
If you want to memorize this casserole recipe, the trick couldn't be easier. Just remember that everything comes in twos! This recipe calls for two of everything, and it's all ingredients you likely already have in your pantry. The result? A casserole that's too good to keep to yourself!
This casserole can be served either as a side dish or as a main dish. If you're enjoying it as a side, consider pairing it with a favorite roast chicken or barbecue pork recipe. If you'd rather have it as a main, serve it with a salad paired with a bright, zingy vinaigrette. It'll be a surefire success either way.
Cheesy creamed corn casserole
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr, 10 mins
1. Heat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, add 2 (8-ounce) packages of cornbread mix.
Add 2 cups of sour cream.
Add 2 (15-ounce) cans of whole kernel corn, drained.
Add 2 sticks of melted butter.
Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese (you'll need another cup of cheddar later).
Mix with a spatula or spoon to combine.
3. Continue mixing for another minute with a whisk attachment and an electric mixer on medium speed.
4. Pour the mixture into a 9-by-13 casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray, and make sure it's spread evenly.
5. Top with an additional cup of cheddar cheese.
6. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until the casserole is bubbly and brown on top.
7. Allow to sit five minutes before cutting into pieces.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove