The slow cooker baked potato is a fantastic alternative to microwave cooking, addressing concerns about safety and taste. While microwave ovens offer convenience, some people worry about their safety or believe that food doesn't taste as good when prepared that way. Enter the slow cooker, a versatile kitchen companion renowned for transforming ingredients into flavorful dishes. With the slow cooker baked potato method, you can effortlessly achieve potato perfection.
The slow cooker's low and steady heat gradually infuses the potatoes with enhanced sweetness and tenderness. Additionally, you can add herbs, spices, garlic, or butter to further enhance the flavor. The slow cooker method guarantees perfectly cooked potatoes without the risk of overcooked or undercooked sections. This culinary technique offers the best of both worlds: convenience and phenomenal taste. So, if you're looking for a delicious and effortless way to enjoy baked potatoes, embrace the slow cooker and elevate your potato game.
Super easy slow cooker baked potato
As many potatoes as you want
Salt to taste
Salt to taste
1. Begin with washed and dried potatoes. Remove the eyes, then poke a few holes in each one with a fork — making sure to pierce all sides.
2. Next, lightly brush each potato with olive oil and sprinkle with salt as desired.
3. Wrap each potato tightly in foil and place them in the slow cooker.
4. Cook for 7 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high.
5. Once they're tender, all that's left to do is serve and enjoy! Don't be afraid to garnish them to your liking with cheese, sour cream, and bacon.